Trinity Methodist Church
Meetings started in 1852 when the Congregationalists met at the Independent Chapel in Heaton Mersey. The Cheadle Congregational Church opened on 14th April 1861 on Massie Street, with the congregation coming from the previous site which had been an old farmhouse on Manchester Road. The old farmhouse had been given to them by Sir James Watts for nothing. This building was extended three times to cater for the growing congregation.
This church was opened in Massie Street on the 30th March 1974. The former Eden Place and Stockport Methodist Churches and the Cheadle Congregational Church came together to form one church.