Hartdale House on Mill Lane is a Grade 2 Listed house which is now used as offices. Hardale is also known as The Mill House and at one time it was called Springfield.
The ornate metal gates and arch call the house Mill House. (sic)
It is another Georgian house, like Newlands House and was built at about the same time although it is larger and more decorated. The Chandley family who owned the mill, sold it to John Renshaw, a Reddish hatter, who re-built the house before selling it to a miller called Samuel Jowett in 1802.
In 1874, a new owner, William Moseley, a bleacher by trade, altered and extended the mill and probably built the left wing of the house which he called Springfield. William Moseley, whilst altering the mill, diverted the Micker Brook around the mill on the 1897 map. the building now contains offices.